How porn is destroying modern sex lives: Feminist writer Naomi Wolf has an unsettling explanation for why Britons are having less sex
By Naomi Wolf
- Couples are having 20% less sex than they did just ten years ago
- Wolf connects this to the rise of pornography
- Porn poses health problems…
- It desensitizes those who watch it and has long-term consequences
- As a result, it has a negative effect on sex and relationships
These days, I am rarely surprised when, after a lecture or book signing, someone will try to talk to me about their addiction to porn and ask where he or she can get help. As an author and feminist social commentator, I often discuss my work at events and meet a wide spectrum of people who talk to me about sex, relationships and, more increasingly, the impact of pornography on their lives. There is no stereotype of what this person will look like. A man in his 60s has asked me if I think his porn addiction accounts for his...